Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Gatsby bubble dye in coconut beige review.

Side note: Realized that this will be the first review in this colour. :3

Went out with le cow yesterday. Bought a box of hair dye before going home. In the first place I wanted Schwarzkopf Freshlight in lemon blonde but a day before going out I found out about Etude House dyes reviews from Filipino bloggers and instantly fell in love with it >_< Went to 2 EH shops and found out that 1. it is sellable in KL too, only ugly colours left. Wanted sweet orange :( and 2. It is more expensive in KL compared to Philippines D: expensive by 10 bucks wtf. (RM40 something)

Took the Freshlight box and wanted to pay. Cow stopped at the Gatsby corner and showed me how he would like his hair dyed silver with ash bleach >___> Was looking at other colours to suggest and suddenly I saw their bubble dye, never know they actually have it. It is much cheaper (Only 23 bucks!),  the colour would turn out the same as Schwarzkopf and in the end, both brands are reputable. Checked the colour scheme and picked coconut beige-- the brightest colour they have at the area and paid for it.

Since this will be my first colour for my virgin hair I don't expect drastic changes like what you get at the salon.. as long as there is colour I am happy. Furthermore, it is the cheapest bubble dye you can find. :O

A male species who doesn't match my definition of cute and looks like a Final fantasy guy.

Let's see what's inside this magic box.

  • manual in English
  • gloves(inside the Jap manual)
  • a bottle of solution
  • a bottle of colour
  • manual in Japanese
  • a comb like nozzle.

The manual is very complete-- it has everything you need to know and it even answers some of your worries/questions. :D 

Procedure as below:
  1. put on Vaseline/oil based cream on hairline/sideburns to prevent stain.
  2. pour colour in the solution.
  3. shake for 30 times mildly, up and down like your mood when you are having period.
  4. change the cap into the comb like nozzle.
  5. wear your gloves
  6. apply from below,
  7. at the back, 
  8. side,
  9. bangs,
  10. then sideburns. Squeeze dye out from the bottle and use your fingers to apply.
  11. leave it around 20-30 mins, not exceeding 40mins and above. 
  12. rinse off dye, then shampoo. Additionally, condition your hair.


Results!

 under yellow lighting:




I was worried that the back will turn bad as it is out of sight. Phew. :D

No white light results because my house does not have a single white bulb LOL

Under camera flash:



And here comes the down part-- Unfortunately, my hair has a reverse ombre effect. I don't know what went wrong as I applied the dye on top the last. D: Considering the fact that the box and the manual's illustrations only use male models, I suppose this is a guy product. @-@

WHY WHY WHYYYYYY :/

facing sunlight on a cloudy day



Black strands :(

The amount of solution seemed more than enough for my thick hair-- but somehow there is a patch inside which isn't coloured at all D: Ahhhh at least it is inside.. T___T

The foam is plain awesome. It doesn't drip at all! Even when you flip and move your hair nothing falls off wtf O_O Before applying I actually laid unused, old manila card on the floor, thinking that it will drip all over the place like water. Gatsby has added an aqua fruity scent to the dye, which makes the procedure much pleasant than conventional dyes. Fume stung my eye a bit at a bearable level. Scalp was given peace, no irritation at all.

Ratings:

Colour-- 4/5 pig knuckles

Overall, the colour turned out much brighter than I and the colour chart on the box predicted. Huge surprise :D There are times where my hair looks exactly like what is predicted on the box.

Look at the colour chart and see what are the results supposedly on black hair. :D


Despite the dark bottom part, I have to say.. if the colour above my hair is possible to achieve, it pretty much tells the dye's ability to give a bright finish. I recommend users to massage the whole head consistently throughout the time waiting for it to process,which I think contributes to a brighter finish than predicted. Of course, credits also go to the bleach inside the mixture. And I noticed that sometimes my hair has a orange-y red hue. Feels like buy 1 colour free 4 hah. ^^

 Oh, DON'T use your fingers as if like straightening your hair or else the dye won't work.

Spread of colour--2.5/5 pig knuckles

The reverse ombre tells it all :( Also, there are strands which seemed darker for some reason. Don't know this should fall under the cons because hey I can has highlights ._. Not sure if is a defect of product or just me.

Damage level-- 1/5 pig penis

Guess Gatsby is pretty confident with the extra hair care ingredients will do without the need of providing a pack of conditioner. Hair feels harder than usual but just after shampoo the softness came back :D Didn't use conditioner cause I don't have one :X Who knows, maybe the Pantene damage control shampoo also contributed to the softness? :D idk.


Value for $$ -- 4/5 pick knuckles

Works better than overrated Liese for sure. Highly recommended for virgin black/dark brown hair. Very, very easy to apply. No matter how clumsy you applied the dye things will sure go well. :3 Suitable for cheapskates and clumsy people like me.


Pretty much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment