Monday, January 7, 2013

Beijing day two.

Visited a silk factory.

This picture might be badly taken, but it can clearly show what you see in the main entrance.

Had fun spreading silk to make bed linings.

One thing which fucking pissed me off is how desperate are the promoters there. THEY WILL NEVER fucking leave you alone. Even if you only touch the products then someone will suddenly appear next to you introducing the product and initiate price negotiation. Also, despite after heavy purchases they will STILL bug you till you exit the place -.- Was very close to tell them to fuck off because it really irritated the fuck out of me. I have every right to look around, touch your goods as long as I don't damage it and choose not to buy it. Problem?

Yeah it is sad that they have the skills and resources but they seriously need to hire better designers -__- Most of their things are mad with first class material and skills but the design just degrade everything completely. You will see similar printed silky clothes in the night market oh god why lol. Therefore nothing is really worth it, apart from bedding products.

Went to Shenshahai park. Where you can hear many stories about eunuch(es). 




The van then dropped us at an alley/street (I seriously don't know o.o) by the name Hutong for us to get on a trishaw ride.



The driver (is it the right term?) showed us around that particular area, which is also a housing area from the Song dynasty O_O He also told us many things like how stones placed outside the house could tell the status of the house such as how many people living in there and the number of male and female O_O and also other things I don't understand and nod blindly to because the driver spoke too fast :X

Next stop was at some chinese medical research centre nearby where the underaged cannot experience foot massage and bath due to incomplete growth <_<

Let a doctor took my pulse. Managed to point out all the problems I have but I don't know how to put the causes in words. @_@ Especially the ezcema (or whatever is it) on my calf. The doctor claimed it has something to do with poison in the blood. -____- WTF it sounds so serious like I can die from it -____-

Guess either my chinese sucks or he couldn't bother going to the details, and straightaway prescribed 400 bucks worth of medicine o0o I declined and he left.

A nutritionist who was giving cousin a massage said there is a cheaper alternative for everything. He recommended me to buy a big packet of some sort of herb. 50 bucks and lasts for 4 months. No boiling, just put a pinch of herbs in my bottle and refill it till the next day. :O

 I am freaking dubious about claims on immediate results in just 10 days O_O Okay I have watched a lot of chinese medical programs showing how people miraculously cured by chinese medicine after years (or worse, decades) of misdiagnosis in months or years but 10 day is just unbelievable. Aunt paid for it so why not give it a try. .__. Truthfully I have trouble believing in the locals (part of my heritage wtf... -___- ) because sadly we are quite famous for being cunning and dishonest people zz

While waiting for cousin to finish her business in the toilet, suddenly I heard a mother screamed:

"EH IT'S SNOWIINNGGGGGGGG!!!!"

The moment I heard it I couldn't believe my pig ears.. According to the weather forecast it wouldn't snow there throughout the period of stay. And both cow and I really wanted to see our first snow together :'(

Bittersweet moment but still, gleeful pictures. No one would want to look back at black charcoal vacation pics in the long run right? :X

That is life, isn't it?

I have no eye deer where was my next and last destination of the day. Hence the minimal, simple captions.

Here is a no brainer tip: MUST use flash for pictures if you want to see snow. If picture looks washed then adjust the flash brightness. Or use a white paper and cover the flash from a distance if you can't.

Oh, snow in pictures are 101 percent unedited :D

There is another ice skating rink.

I like how Starbucks looks like here. Most of the branches have this unique Oriental feel.

Use someone's snowman to take effortless pictures :P

Along the street there are souvenir and food stalls. Most of the food stalls sell hot Beijing style yogurt and fried ice cream :O

Stopped by at this snack stall to try some local snacks out.

Entered a souvenir shop because uncle wants to buy some for the nieces. Took selfies with the hello kitty glasses heh. Love the size of it, it is just nice :D

 With cousin.

Correction: The problem is no money. Hooray at their ignorant/wannabe attitude <.<

Still bought this because it represents the story of my life. -sigh-

Selcas are the best way to determine vain level.




Didn't go straight into the hotel because cousin wanted to play with snow. Can't really enjoy it thinking of someone special, so doodled on strangers' cars.





Cousin gave me a snowball and took this picture.

Tried the box of assorted local snacks.


Nothing great but the yellow one at the most left was epically horrible. It consists of a terrible mixture of herbs gone wrong and fucked up my tongue really well till I almost died -__-

Okay day 3 and 4, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment