Saturday, January 12, 2013

Beijing day three.

Started the journey much earlier than usual as we were going to the great wall. Before that, stopped by a jade factory/wholesale store.

Here is a badly taken picture of types of stones.

One of the jade sculptures the company sent for competitions.

Saw staff/artists <--- I think they should be called that more than staff carving jade.

As usual no one is interested but it is all part of a cheap tour + tour guide's way of getting commission here and there. Nothing interests me more than listening to an aussie asian family with their accents oohlalah. @_@

Headed to the great wall straight away. It was a long drive but got to see a different side of Beijing-- passed by a western looking area before arriving the great wall, that place is beautiful. <__< The ruins of an abandoned train track and yellow leaves carpeting the ground makes that place an ideal place for... wedding pictures >_<

Smiling at myself.

Move on to my experience of climbing the great wall... Blah. It was super cold = lower oxygen level. The strong wind makes it even harder to breathe. Wouldn't recommend anyone, especially clumsy penguins like me to visit during the winter. Unless that is a challenge set by yourself then go ahead haha.
Here is a selca and do allow the other pictures to do the talking.





The right tone of lighting, the right background but... wtf was I thinking posing like that with the half smiling half unknown emotion? -__- This is taken in one of the castles/stops/whatever you name. Wanted to take a second shot but the place was so cramp x.x as other tourists start to flood the place. The step I was stepping in the picture was higher than my knees @_@ Wanted to climb up to see but no guts to climb down wtf.



Based on my physical level I think that I... shouldn't be proud of my achievement of climbing only 2 and a half parts of the great wall over the 733790202191 tombs/whatever is it, blah. Of course, it is impossibru to go through all the parts as some are closed down for safety purposes. My knees weren't in the best condition on that day too.

Nevertheless, got the keychain above. I have climbed the great wall! :DDD but no need to ask about the phase I stopped at hah -__-

Next stop: Olympic park. Just to far view the important buildings during the Olympics 2008.

Candid. I don't know why did I facepalmed about.

Oh, this is the bird nest stadium. :D

Water cube aquatic centre.

Oinkface

A better looking tourist picture of the bird nest.

Some coperate building which supposed to look like a dragon. What? Looked more like a llama to me :P

Visited the tea house below.

Their specialty is Pu Er tea. Here would be a good place to buy fine quality Pu Er tea leaves for drinking and for investment :O Yes, like pure natural jades, you can make an investment on tea leave. O_O The older the Pu Er leaves, the higher the quality and the pricier it will be. Another alternative is buying the tea pack back and sell to your local Chinese medical hall, which will pay much more than what you paid. In K.L, Hai O buys Pu Er leaves from people and sell them double or even triple the price >_<

They also sell other flavoured teas. Love their fruit tea the most. The fruitiness in one cup is too damn high. Best part? Is au naturale. :D Marked at a price tag of 200 ringgit means that sadly, (same goes to other teas, apart from Pu Er) I could not take one box home. :(

At a Pu Er display area. Some on my left are only for decorative purposes, coated with wax. It is said that having one of those brings good luck and fortune. ._.

After days of asking the tour guide WHEN CAN GO SHOPPING. WHERE TO SHOP. WE WANNA BUY THINGS!!!!! a million times a day since day one tour guide allocated 2 hours for us to shop at the Wongfujin district. Freaking happy to see malls even though I know I can't get shit. Free from all the historical details I give no shit about! And also free from the cold for awhile heh <_<


Couldn't decide to use which picture.



They have Samantha Thavasa in one of the malls <__< Never knew their bags are that pretty! Noticed their bags on gyaru blogs but always find them.. meh. And they are expensive too T__T Look at all the classy pastel things so far away to hold  T___T There were pretty big sales going on at Gap and Zara for their winter clothing clearance but it has definitely has nothing to do with people who go through summer 365 days a year.

 One of the biggest frustrations ever: Half priced Doc Martens. Missed because uncle was too busy at food republic T_T

Oh Doc Martens why must we part again like this for dumplings.
 I don't know what to conclude. Guess I have no fate with shopping. Or maybe it is helping me to save money hmmmm >_<

Went to Wongfujin food street to explore around.




They didn't offer much, as there weren't many stalls around the area. The only thing I tried there was tako balls which I never liked. Wanted to try other things but too shy to ask aunt. :/

 Meh taco balls.

This sums up day 3. Will try to post last day asap.


No comments:

Post a Comment